Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

ART TUESDAY??

HELLO!!
You must be thinking "what the heck is art Tuesday?"  Let me explain.  I usually do "Art Journal Wednesday", but today I have an art project and an art journal page both due today, so I'm just switching it up a bit!!  I also have another art journal page this week, but it probably won't be done until Thursday. ugh.
This first page is for A year in the life of an art journal.  As usual, they give the prompt in 3 parts.  This time they are:
Prompt: I'm Beautiful
Song: Real Love by Regina Spektor
Prompt: Self Portrait

So, I know nothing of this song, but you can see the lyrics.  I used some of them, and they are probably out of context, but only certain words came out at me.  And for the self portrait, I used a gel medium transfer that I learned from my very good friend Marit during one of her workshops that I took.  Here it is.
I won't even try to list the stuff I used.  It got done, and that's good enough, right???  Sorry for the cruddy picture. double ugh.

Then, I found a new blog to play with called Creative Tuesdays.  There, they give you a prompt to do with what you wish.  The prompt was Breakfast.  I thought, making a many layered background, with a "menu" on top would be fabulous!  The page looks far better in person.  But, I drew the bacon and the one egg myself thankyouverymuch!! *snort*

The pic is cruddy, again!  But the top says "Breakfast Menu".  Then I wrote some menu items, and tons of other crazy things.

And so, this is the end of my artsy post tour.  I hope you like them, or made you laugh a little at least!!
See you again soon!!

22 comments:

  1. Loving the things you share!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your transfer came out real good! Love it!!!! I, too, didn't know the song (in fact, I didn't know the songs from the former prompts either...) but you used the lyrics in a great way!!! Your breakfast menu is awesome, and so yummie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh i love the scrap booky look of your breakfast entry! wow, soo cool. how did you do that? I like the layers in it. and the writing is so nice, too! awesome. Nice to meet you through Creative Tuesdays!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to see that you joined Creative Tuesdays. I remember you had asked about it. Your menu is great! It looks like one you would find in a diner.
    Your art journal page is cool, too. I love daisies : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job. Welcome to CT. This is a fun meme. I wouldn't miss for anything.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the breakfast, super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your breakfast sketch, and bacon and eggs too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Breakfast served all day...love places like that! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great art journal pages! I like your b'fast menu idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a super idea of using a breakfast menu. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome to Creative Tuesdays.... love your breakfast menu... great idea...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome to Theme Tuesday, and I'll take everything on that clever menu!

    The bacon and eggs look ready to eat. Smells good too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoyed this so much; I think your work is very clever. And I love the look of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I liked your creative entry in the breakfast theme! A menu is perfect, I just hope it has more than eggs LOL...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome to Creative Tuesdays! This is such a neat idea!! I'll take the stack of pancakes with a side of bacon please. :-D Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooooh - such great layers to these pages!
    (I love Regina Spektor's cover of "Real Love" - I think I may like that version even more than John Lennon singing it!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Umm I'm hungry, those cupcakes wern't enough for me, I need bacon and eggs! Good job Daniella, You are already a follower of my blog of the Tea Party little girl and you left a comment so you are good to go! My next egg is not in a nest sorta speak so watch out as it might be right up you alley! They are tons of work so I have to go do something else when the next two are done as I need an egg break! Hugs and thanks for joining the party, the Giveaway will be held until the 1st of April and I will do a pic of it in it's entirety. Hugs Your work looks totally Fab and keep letting everyone know about my 1st year party gift bag, did you notice the stuff I added? See ya, Marilou xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Daniella,
    Thank you for your lovely comments... of course you will fit in.. we all come together on Tuesday's to have fun and a laugh... everyone can draw and create art... sometimes we like what we do and sometimes we don't.. that's what bin's were invented for... Judging by the comments above... we all loved your breakfast menu.. see you again soon...Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love both the pages. Ya Done Good.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Daniella, i love your creativity and interpretation here with a menu. VERY clever indeed and love you you applied it all. It must have taken you ages, no? Anyway, great job, Daniella. fun to add to the montage. I will try to make it big enough in the montage that peopel will be abel to see it once they click on the larger version. :) TY.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great pages and gel medium transfer!

    ReplyDelete
  22. How cool you found a great looking meme to join, right up your alley. So happy to see you having fun girl!~ XO

    ReplyDelete