Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

NEWBIE PARTY MONDAY AT DEBBIE DOOS!!

What's up my newbies!!  Hope you are excited about all of the friends you are all going to meet!!   Remember, if you didn't start at Debbie's blog, GO THERE RIGHT AWAY!!  You will LOVE her, and her beautiful home, and her awesome projects.  She is the sweet heart who thought of this party, and helping us, the "new guy", find other new blogers too!

Debbie is also having another party!!  A "Color my World" party, on March 25th.  She has a totally rad badge too, but my computer is having a nervous breakdown tonight *snort*, and I couldn't put it up.  Ugh.  But, you have to make a project using spray paint!!  Totally cool idea!!  Be sure to go see what she's done!!

ME?  oh.  um.  YES!  As you know, I've just moved to a new house the end of January, and I'm learning my new surroundings.  So, today, The Mr. and I went on a road trip!!  And we found a few antique stores, which were all really nice, but one was a bit different.  This one was more of an indoor flea market.  It had all older items, but not only "antiques".  Some things were as old as an antique, but just not as awesome.


I loved the simple sign.

Just an inside pic, to see how much awesome stuff there was to check out!

And cute little displays.  HAHA!!  there is a "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle" doll on top!!

These are the things I got!  As you might have heard, I have a "thing" for roosters!  This rooster was $2.40!!  Deal!  and the postcards (there are 5.  IDK where the 5th one is in this picture) were .10 cents each!!  3 have writing from 1910 on the back.  Postcards are another "thing" I have to have.

That was my weekend.  I hope yours was fabulous!!
Please visit all of the newbies, make new friends, and leave Debbie a great comment about how awesome she is!!
Remember, if you become my new friend and follow my blog, I promise to do the same for you!!!
Have fun!!

12 comments:

  1. Sounds fun Daniella! you just say the sweetest thangs..make me blush.
    Cute roo...you know I love me roos too! Have a great week, and thanks for joining the party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a huge fan of roosters and I love the one that you found!

    It's always fun to stop at new shopping venues. You never know what you will find.

    I had to work all weekend so I'm glad that someone else had some fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Daniella!

    I loved looking at your artwork! I've always loved altered art... Especially when a piece has old photos. Maybe someday I'll try my hand at it. I'm your newest follower! Have a great week.

    Karen

    P.S. I have a thing for old postcards too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For a rooster girl you got a great deal, I love postcards too, you can use them for sooo many things. I predict you are going to be a very successful blogger, you have it all going on! I found you at Debbie Doos, I am your newest follower, hope you can visit and follow me back.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Daniella, thanks for stopping by. I am following you back. Looking forward to getting to know you : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow... I would stay hours in a 'flea market' place like that! I know stores like that, and for my mom and I it really is 'a day out' when we go there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by.. I just joined your creative blog.. wow.. I love trips like that, could get lost in there and not come out for hours.. kind of like going thru someone's stuff in an acceptable way. huh? Have fun decorating .. looks like you will do an awsome job. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like such a fun place to poke around in. I love that your hubs went with you, too. That's the best way to spend a day. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore flea markets! I usually find something unusual that I'm proud of.It always feels like such an accomplishment to score something great.I'd love it if you paid me a visit at Brambly-I love having new visitors.Take care.

    Ann-Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh well, you already know, but............

    I have some really good news!!
    I recently received the Stylish Blogger Award and I am passing it on to you!!!

    Hugs & Warm Wishes, CindyLew

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have a huge Flea Market called Traders World. It's huge, but during the spring, Summer, and Fall they have outdoor vendors with antique and vintage offerings. It takes alllllll day to walk thru! Good deals your found there....love the chicky.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Daniella,

    That was a great buy on the rooster and postcards. I love antique shopping too!

    I'm here from Debbiedoo's party and am your newest follower.

    Have a great day.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete