Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

WEDNESDAY

I am finally able to sit at this computer, and begin the awesome blog visiting I love to do every week!!
But I had to find something to put up on my blog too.
I met this really sweet woman Patti from Ivy and Elephants a week or so ago, and she has a party every week called "What's it Wednesday's".  I figured my birdcage  would work good for the party.

I've had this birdcage for years.  It was black, and over the summer I spray painted it white.  I happened to find this ribbon at the dollar store and it is the perfect match to my curtains!  How cool is that?




Close up of the nest inside.  I got these nests with little robin's eggs inside at the craft store.  They are brown twig nests and look awesome wherever you put them.  I spray painted one of them white, and placed it inside the birdcage, with the little blue eggs. I left some raffia hanging around, like the birds were bringing it to the cage to put in the nest.   


Have an awesome day!!

Linking to the WIW party!

14 comments:

  1. Love this Daniella! So quirky and so detailed. And ,yes, the ribbon is the perfect match for your curtains!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ! lovely job, you thought of everything,
    Chris xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow I love this, nothing makes my heart go pitter patter like nests,,beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daniella! That is just so cute. I love it! The little nest is so cute inside the cage. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet bird cage! LOVE that little nest and painting it white really makes it and the eggs stand out!! LOVE those gals over at Ivy and Elephants -- aren't their collections stunning?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a number of birdcages too, but none as fine as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always wondered what to do with those bird cages, and now I know. Yours is awesome! I love the pieces of rafia like the birds brought it. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is darling, Daniella! I have a little cage but I never thought to put a nest in it! How cute!!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Birdcage. I like the color change and the addition of the ribbon is awesome since it matches your curtains. Happy Wednesday...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic bird cage - love the nest and little eggs - so "country" looking just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous Daniella! Love how you put it all together to make it awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Daniella,

    Your birdcage is beautiful! I love how you added the nest with some raffia. The eggs are very pretty too.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful bird cage, Daniella! Love the nest and little eggs ... and so very well displayed.

    Have a wonderful upcoming weekend!
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Daniella,
    Your birdcage is completely gorgeous--I LOVE it!!! WOW!!! I hope you have a fabulous weekend~
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete