Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

TATTERED FLORAL CHALLENGE

Hello bloggy friends!!  If you are visiting from the awesome Julia's blog for WOYWW you are in the right place!  This week, I am showing my work desk and what I made too.  First, here is my desk.

I was really busy making my project for the Tattered Floral Challenge at Tim Holtz's Blog.

The challenge is to make a tattered flower using his Tattered Floral Die,   I am sure many of you  have already linked up!! He gives a whole amazing tutorial on his blog.  I followed it for the flowers, then added the flowers to a door knob hanger I made and embellished.  

 Here is my door knob hanger!
I followed Tim's process for making the Grunge Paper Flower.  I didn't have the tissue paper he used so I used Tissue Tape instead.  I then used a variety of shades of Distress Stain.  When it was dry I cut the tattered flowers out.

I sprayed some burlap with Dylusions Spray Ink and inked some Claudine Hellmuth Sticky Back Canvas and cut them with the die too.  Then I assembled the flowers and put a brad in the center.


(This is a close up of 2 of the flowers)
After "smooshing" my flowers I got busy with my door hanger.  I used my Distress Inks to color the cardstock.  Since gauze is my obsession, I had to put some on the door hanger.  I glued on the flowers, and added embellishments like Baubles, Metal WingsMemo Pins, and a Key.  I also added a "faux gold test lens"  I bought from www.stampington.com.

This is the flower that has the wings.

Please click any image to enlarge.

And there you have it!!  A very busy desk and a project to prove it!!

Now go and check out all the other productive desks out there!!  You know you want to "peek"!!!

14 comments:

  1. Wowzah, what a beautiful project! Happy woyww, Marit #101

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a lovely project. I do like his tattered range, just dont have the imagination to make lovely pieces like this.
    caroline #99 (akilli melek)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Daniella your project is just amazing, I love it and thanks for explaining the process it just goes to show how much went into this beauty. So whos door are you going to hang it on?

    Happy WOYWW
    Hugs Eliza 24

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful. I love the colours and the flowers with the bit of gauze behind, and the wings, who could forget the wings.

    You did a fabulous job of this and I loved the step by step. I am not so good at the creating with the inks and stains and dyes so i always appreciate the walk throughs...it helps to inspire!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous! Love the key, the wings, and the colors. I so need to do home decor things. Happy Wednesday. LisaDV#145

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your gorgeous floral door hanging, it's beautiful.
    Happy Wednesday #142

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Daniella, Looks Absolutely Fabulous x
    Best of Luck in the challenge
    Happy WOYWW and have a great week Heather#133

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Daniella, I love your attention to detail! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a really pretty door hanging I love the colours you have used on the flowers and all the texture you have added to the hanger itself. Really lovely
    wishing you a very Happy WOYWW
    Ria #44

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your floral door hanging looks gorgeous! Best of luck in the challenge, Daniella!

    Thank you so much for your beautiful card!!! That was so sweet of you:)

    I wish you a happy rest of this week and a wonderful upcoming weekend.

    Hugs,
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi dear Daniella, I hope you are as well as can be.
    I love your tattered flowers you've made and the door hanger. How clever. Big Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi..Great creative looking desk...love your door hanger, absolutely beautiful. Happy WOYWW Gill x #41

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great desk and the door hanger is fabulous. Anne x #162

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW!! That door hanger is amazing!!! Love how you used the flowers you made!! Oh, and your desk is definitely in the throes of creativity! Happy belated WOYWW!
    Carol N #122

    ReplyDelete