Pages

Monday, July 6, 2015

EASY PARTY COASTERS

Hello and thanks for visiting!  I have an Easy D.I.Y. Coaster project to share with you today.  These Easy D.I.Y. Coasters are the perfect way to personalize your party.  You can use stamps (like I did) or just write your event name right on the coaster with permanent ink.


SUPPLIES:


To begin this Easy D.I.Y. project, you have to get coasters.  I got mine at the store where everything is a dollar but you can find them anywhere.  At the craft store, the party supply store, and in the party/seasonal section of the big box stores.  Or, when you go out to eat, they usually give you a coaster for your drink.  You can use them for this project too.  Just flip it over to the blank side and have fun stamping or writing!
For a summer party we were having, I thought ice cream was the perfect image.  Nothing says summer like ice cream (or watermelon).   I stamped this ice cream cone on my coasters with permanent ink.  

 Then, I used my Tombow Recycled Colored Pencils to color my images in.  These pencils are super awesome!  They color beautifully and they are perfect for layering.  I used several different colors of pencils and used my Tombow Dual Brush Blender Pen to blend the colors. Each 10 pack of Dual Brush Pens comes with a blender pen, but you can also purchase it separately.  And you can use the blender pen with these colored pencils too. It works wonderfully!

The reason I have used all permanent (non water based Tombow products) is so I can seal the coasters.  I used Tombow Mono Aqua Liquid Glue to do this.  Using the broad tip of the glue, I put a thin layer of Mono Aqua glue over the top of the coaster so they won't get ruined if they get wet.  These coasters are meant to be thrown out, but with a little Tombow Mono Liquid Glue you can use them several times!  And look at how shiny and pretty they look with a little glue! The coasters standing up have glue on them and the flat coasters do not so you can see the difference.  Awesome!

I hope you enjoy making your own personalized coasters!!
xxDaniella

1 comment:

  1. Ice Cream anytime is my favorite! Love your coasters and tutorial on how to create them. Summer Sunshine Fun...

    ReplyDelete