Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

MAIL ART WEEK ON THE TOMBOW BLOG!!

This week the Tombow Design Team is making Mail Art on the Tombow Blog!  I LOVE Mail Art, both making it and receiving it.  Who doesn't love getting a pretty envelope in the mail?

This is my finished envelope.


SUPPLIES:


I cut and scored my watercolor paper into an envelope shape and sprayed it all over with water from the mister that comes with the Tombow Blending Kit.  The Blending Kit is awesome!  It comes with a mister, a Blender Pen, an instructional blending guide  and a Blending Palette.


I picked a blue and a red Tombow Dual Brush Pen because when these colors are combined they make purple.  The Blending Kit also comes with an instructional blending guide to help you with your blending.  After I applied all of my wet ink from the blending palette to my watercolor paper, I sprayed it again with more water from my mister and let it dry.


Isn't it sooo pretty???  All the beautiful colors from Dual Brush Pens stayed true and blended into a super pretty purple.  The paper stayed flat and accepted the water perfectly because it is a heavy weight paper that is made to get wet.  Looking good so far!!


Next I stamped several different background stamps all over the envelope using Tombow Dual Brush Pens as my ink.  Just color the stamp with the brush tip and it works just like an ink pad! If it is a large stamp, you might have to huff on the stamp before stamping it.  I used 3 different shades of blue and stamped light to dark.  Then I stamped the feather stamp and the postage type stamp with brown ink so they would stand out.  And I added a few little bird stamps too! To finish the envelope off I added some dots and circles with my darkest blue dual brush pen.


To close the bottom 3 flaps, I used Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue, Fine Tip.  Mono Multi is a super strong adhesive which is definitely what you want when you make envelopes or pockets.
Thanks so much for visiting today!  I hope you make some awesome Mail Art yourself!  I know you will LOVE it!!  And so will the person you send it to :)
xxDaniella

1 comment:

  1. Love your envelope mail art. This really adds a lot of fun to receiving mail. Creative Bliss...

    ReplyDelete